Battles from the Bulge ( BFTB ) covers the climactic WW2 struggle in the Ardennes region of Belgium when Hitler launches his last offensive just before Xmas 1944. BFTB will be the first in a new Command Ops series, reflecting the shift away from airborne to major ground operations. It will still be based on the Airborne Assault ( AA ) engine and will include some scenarios involving airborne forces, in particular the valiant defence of Bastogne by the Screaming Eagles of the US 101st Airborne Division.
Continuing the company's policy of enhancing the game engine, BFTB will provide a range of new features focussing on giving the player more options for controlling their forces and developing their plans. These will include:
- New Task Options - to allow AI controlled subordinates to ambush, attack, bypass, allow for stragglers, ignore basing and retake position.
- New Weather Enhancements - to handle extreme winter weather conditions
- New Force Group Structure - to enable display of current, planned and organic force structures within the Order of Battle display and using command lines
- New Estab Data Display - so you can see the details of each item of equipment
- Maps covering all significant areas of the Bulge operation
- Historical and what if scenarios designed to provide hours of entertainment