Four friends get together for a party while the parents are away, but somebody ... or something, is about to crash the party. In four-player melee action, you will fight off the monster invasion in this top-down action/shooting game. Customize and build your own weapons by grabbing parts from the house and town to create more powerful attack tools, and find rare parts to build some ultimate weapons. Jack abandoned vehicles and deck them out with weapons to ride through the terrain and take out creatures. Visit five locations, including the suburban town, the high school, and the "Shopping Maul."
- 4-player top-down shooter action, online or offline.
- Extra players can dynamically join or leave at any time during the cooperative campaign, so that the gaming never stops.
- Supports up to 4 players on a single machine, or 16 players online.
- Five unique campaign environments with over 20 gigantic levels: Suburban Nightmare, High School Hell, The Shopping Maul, Cemetery Scary, The Dark Castle.
- Over 70 different Monster enemy types, each with unique attacks and strategies to keep players on their toes.
- Build and upgrade your home-made weapons from everyday parts scattered throughout the levels.
- Quickly alternate between melee and ranged weaponry.
- Look-up and look-down to attack enemies in 3 dimensions.
- Interactive environments, full of destroyable elements and physical objects, which can be used as makeshift barricades or even as weapons.
- Each campaign level has unique mission objectives, including physics-based puzzles, “hold the fort” scenarios, and escape sequences.
- Powerful Boss Monsters await the player within each environment.
- Drivable vehicles for 1-4 players including: Go-Kart, Hovercraft, Mech-Walker, UFO, and more. They can be acquired for bonus use during regular missions, and certain missions focus exclusively on vehicular combat. Power-up items to transform player characters into one of four power monsters: Mummy, Vampire, Zombie, or Werewolf.
- Mix online and offline players, over Internet or Local Area Network.
- Competitive modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Survival, with over 10 unique competitive levels.
- Deadly traps and environmental hazards make each battle a different experience.
- Lush Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, and AGEIA physics.
- Support for custom levels and mods created with the UNREAL editor (editor will ship with the game)
- Comic-style video cinematics tell the playful story of Monster Madness, a parody of horror & sci-fi clichés.
- Mouse & keyboard or gamepad control schemes. Support for the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.