The Witcher returns to the tradition of the role-playing genre with a fresh and modern approach, emphasizing story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating spectacular and well developed combat system like no game before it. The story is set in the world described in five books - giving additional credibility and depth of the background of the story.
The game features the player as a Witcher, a warrior who has been trained to fight since childhood, subjected to mutations and trials that transformed him. He earns his living killing monsters and is a member of a brotherhood founded long ago to protect people from werewolves, the undead, and a host of other beasts.
Deep and intriguing storyline
- Interesting story full of twists and turns in a complex and coherent setting.
- Most quests can be accomplished in several ways.
- Three different endings that depend on player's actions and choices throughout the whole adventure.
Dynamic and visually spectacular action
- Real time combat with motion captured animations performed by a master of medieval sword combat.
- Ragdoll and rigid body physics, powered by Criterion’s Karma Engine to simulate interaction with opponents as well as elements of surrounding.