XIII Century: Death or Glory is an RTS game which immerses players in the Middle Ages. This is a world of noble knights and ruthless nomads, a world of courageous deeds and internal wars.
As one of the famous military leaders of the 13th Century, gamers are able to test their steel against the neighboring nations and carve their names into history. Among the playable factions are the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans and Kievan Rus' (Russians). The game consists of 5 campaigns which cover the most well-known battles of that period.
XIII Century: Death or Glory features large-scale battles, with thousands of units located on a battlefield at the same time, and offers players a chance to test their skills as military leaders in medieval Europe.
XIII Century: Death or Glory thoroughly reconstructs not only units and their behavior during a fight, but such important features as setting and landscape of a battlefield.
- Over 30 battles in 5 campaigns. Famous battles that changed the face of medieval Europe: the battle of Bouvines (July 27, 1214), the battle of Falkirk (July 22, 1298), the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa (July 16 1212), the battle on the Lake Peipus (April 5, 1242) and many others
- Additionally the game includes several battles, which have never been featured in PC games before, such as the battle of Gelheim (July 2, 1298), battle of Taillebourg (July 22, 1242), etc
- Historical reconstruction. Real conditions of renowned battles such as landscape, time of day and weather conditions are taken into account
- Authentic heraldry of European aristocracy. Over 60 famous historic personalities in the game, including Philip II Augustus, Frederick II of Hohenstaufen, Edward I, Alexander Nevsky, Daniil Galitsky, Simon de Montfort, William Marshal and many others
- Dozens of unit types: heavy knights, cavalry and foot soldiers, archers, arbalesters, lance knights, darters, axe warriors as well as many others
- National specialty of troops: French knights are unequalled in mounted battles, Welsh archers are experts in forest fighting, Mongolian cavalry is lightning-fast and maneuverable, Italian arbalesters are the best shooters in Europe
- Weapons, arms and equipment of knights are made using historical documents and specifications
- Unique battle system taking into account 80 parameters and characteristics, which allow complete authenticity of medieval battle on the unit level
- State-of-the-art shader graphics with astonishing level of refinement and veracity