Tempelhof, Berlin, dawn of 8th April 1949.
A major armed conflict is brewing between the Western powers and the Soviet bloc. The Red Army has been growing ever stronger since the end of World War II. With the growth of their army the Soviets realize that they hold the advantage, and are only waiting for the right moment to attack. That moment arrives with the Tempelhof Incident: the near-fatal collision of a US cargo plane and a Soviet fighter over Berlin`s main airfield. A fatal no point in asking who pulled the trigger first and who fired on whom in return. The Incident went down in history as fatal.
Within 12 hours of the crash the ground bencath the German capital is shaking with the salvoes of a war never meant to be: a conflict between former allies over Europe and global supremacy.
In this game the worst comes true, and it may just change the fate of the "free world" forever! WWII is now just a memory - but the Cold War has just begun...
• Authentic "Cold War" era
• Variable squads with powerful squad leaders and personalisable units with visible function upgrades
• Unique building combat systembuildings can be destroyed or occupied to gain an advantage
• Fascinating storyline which follows the personal fates of both familiar Codename Panzers heroes and brand new ones alike
• Detailed "movie-like" world simulation: a truly "alive" world
• Single player campain with 18 exciting missions
• Scenario Mode: replay missions already won/unlocked in order to increase your overall score
• More then 20 multiplayer maps and 3 modes: Domination, Cooperative and Team Match
• Physics-based building destruction. Each building will collapse in its own unique manner, using real-time physics simulation: pieces falling from houses are assigned to various categories according to their size and mass
• Weather changes affect gameplay and visual effects, reducing sight, movement speed, range of fire and every parameter imaginable
• Dual display support with strategic map for making strategic decisions
• Brand new Gepard 3: graphics engine with full vertex and pixel shader 3.0 support