The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena brings the hit action / stealth FPS to a new audience and a new generation of consoles. The action-packed game features an entirely new chapter in the Riddick Saga, and takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures' films The Chronicles of Riddick and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Vin Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick.
In The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Riddick as he escapes Butcher Bay prison with the bounty hunter Johns. Their ship is captured by rogue mercenaries under the command of the nefarious Captain Revas. During his quest to escape the ship, Riddick learns terrible secrets about the Dark Athena. He is forced to face down the piratical mercs, and put an end to the vile plans of its evil captain.
Set before the events of both Universal Pictures' 2004 summer release, The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel, and the 2000 breakout hit Pitch Black, which first introduced Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Riddick: the game tells the story of Riddick's dramatic escape from the previously inescapable triple max security slam Butcher Bay, home to the most violent prisoners in the universe. This classic title has been graphically re-mastered for next-gen systems and it’s included free, along with the new “Assault on Dark Athena” campaign.
- Includes a remake of the classic title “Escape from Butcher Bay” visually re-mastered for next-gen systems
- Recognized as one of the best games of 2004
- Includes added content from the PC version
- Immersive new story campaign as a seamlessly integrated sequel to the Butcher Bay title
- Intuitive stealth system unique to the FPS genre
- Advanced melee combat & parrying system
- Brutal Stealth Mode Executions
- Engaging Multi-player
- Use of stealth & melee combat included
- Unique Multi-player game modes such as “Capture Riddick”
- Development done by Starbreeze Studios – the award winning developers of “Escape from Butcher Bay”.
- DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - All against all. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are scattered around the levels. Some smaller levels do not have the most powerful weapons on them for balancing purposes. Ulaks are also not included. Supports up to 12 players. Some smaller maps support less than 12 players, ie 4-8.
- TEAM DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - As above, but the players are split up into red and blue teams. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams, as with Deathmatch.
- CAPTURE THE FLAG (up to 12 players) - Red and Blue teams try to penetrate each others’ base and take their flags. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are distributed similarly to Deathmatch, but with other CTF unique maps as well as some Deathmatch maps. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams as with Deathmatch.
- BUTCHER BAY RIOT (12 players) - 12 players split up into teams of Guards, Prisoners and Mercenaries. There is one powercell in the level. Capture the powercell and return it to the capture point in the opposing teams base to win the round (match can be won with 3 or 5 rounds depending on settings). Players buy weapons before the round starts. Winning rewards them with more cash, as does killing the opposing players. All weapons can be purchased. All maps support 12 players.
- ARENA (up to 8 players) - Either 1 on 1 or teams of 2 on 2 (default setting is 2 vs 2 but can be changed in advanced options) . Winning team/individual stays on. Other teams watch as spectators. All weapons are in the player’s inventory when the game is started. Supports up to 8 players.
- PITCH BLACK (up to 6 players) - Play as a Mercenary with up to 5 others and hunt down Riddick. When you kill Riddick you become him. All levels are sheathed in darkness, with only weapons and flashlights to see by. Riddick starts in the darkness, the Mercenaries start in a lit room containing shotguns, SMG’s and Assault Rifles. Drop into the darkness to hunt down Riddick. Riddick is armed with the Ulaks and his unique nightvision/eyeshine. The more powerful the Mercenaries weapons are, the weaker the power of the flashlight is.