A gameplay rich, feature laden 'casually hardcore' action shooter, Madballs in...Babo:Invasion (MiBI) is that rarest of gaming commodities; a genuinely unique title. Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the popular 1980s toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colorful names. MiBI is an arena based 3D shooter where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same. And with up to 16 player Multiplayer support, MiBI will boast the highest number of players over Xbox LIVE Arcade upon its release.
Offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, Madballs in...Babo:Invasion has a plethora of features and game modes such as 4 player online co-op along with, never-before-seen in an Xbox LIVE Arcade title, being able to incorporate your Xbox LIVE Avatar into multiplayer combat via the Avatar Attack mode. Yes, Xbox LIVE Arcade combat just got personal.
Much more on this groundbreaking game will be revealed in greater depth leading up to its release in the Summer of 2009, including additional information on the following features;
- Single Player - Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op - challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in Enduro mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer - 21 maps to match all game sizes
- Invasion Mode - the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- Avatar Attack - Multiplayer combat with your Xbox LIVE Avatar
- Classes - 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs™ Characters - Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80's toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes - Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables - active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets - 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action - emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers