Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is a unique massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that plunges players into epic struggles for power and glory, pitting Roman Heroes against mortal enemies, inhuman monsters, and even the gods. Players control historically-accurate characters like the soldiers, gladiators, and mystics that populated the early Roman republic, and must align themselves with one of the Olympian gods, such as Jupiter, Mars, or Minerva. They will experience the most fast-paced, visceral combat ever as they encounter legions of fantastic and horrifying mythological creatures like Gorgons, Cyclops, and Centaurs. Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising lets gamers become more than just itinerant adventurers or errant thieves: they become the commanders of squadrons of loyal followers in heroic quests to attain immortality.
- An intricate skill-system and six classes of heroes give players unlimited options in customizing their character.
- Choosing a god to serve and finding themselves at the mercy of the gods who oppose them adds a whole new dimension for players to consider as they create their hero.
- Scalable epic quests give players the opportunity to fight their way out of captivity and carve out their own destiny. A game-spanning epic quest that can be started at any time is available for every player.
- Revolutionary squad-based combat allows players to hire and train their own squadron of NPC warriors, spell-casters, archers, and mythological creatures, then lead them into battle.
- Large-scale battles let squadrons be organized into player-run armies defending Rome from invaders like the Gauls, the Etruscans, the Samnites, and a host of other historical enemies, as well as supernatural foes.
- An innovative action animation system delivers the most realistic and visceral combat action of any MMORPG.